The Museum ::

Re-opening, Saturday 15th August 2020!

The re-opening of the Museum has now been scheduled for the weekend of 15th/16th August 2020, 9-30 AM ~ 4-30 PM.

To ensure everyone's safety and comfort, visitors will be required to book a 30 minute slot before their arrival. This can be done by calling us on 01959 524416.

After the re-opening, the Museum will be open every weekend up to and including Remembrance Sunday.

The Tea Room is always open every weekend, year round.

The Red Baron, September 2020

The Red Baron The Museum is delighted to be hosting the Red Baron and fellow 1917 re-enactors on Saturday 5th September and Sunday 6th September 2020.

Dedication of Memorial Stone, 2021

The unveiling of the latest memorial in the Museum's local RAF Memorials Project has now been postponed until 2021. The memorial will be dedicated to Flying Officer Malcolm Ravenhill, 229 Squadron who lost his life on 30 September 1940.

Tearoom Opening 2020

Tea Room The Tearoom is open every weekend in 2020, from 9am to 4pm, Saturdays and Sundays.

We look forward to welcoming you to serve a warming beverage and a tasty snack!

Pilot Portraits

We have a few "Pilots Portraits" available , hand signed by some of the visiting pilots who attended the various Signing Days here at the Shoreham Museum. The 5 prints available are of Winkle Brown, Alan Scott, Tom Neil, Joy Lofthouse, and Johnny Johnson. They are available at £25 each + £2-50p P+P. Cheques made out to "The Shoreham Aircraft Museum", High Street, Shoreham Village, Sevenoaks Kent. TN14 7TB. For more information contact Geoff: geoff@aviartnutkins.com

Portrait of George 'Johnny' JohnsonPortrait of Joy Lofthouse
Portrait of Allan ScottPortrait of Tom Neil
Portrait of Eric Winkle Brown

Private Museum visits for Groups

If you belong to a group, society, association or club and would like a private visit to the Museum over the summer, please call us on 01959 524416. We can offer bookings for weekday afternoons and evenings.

Museum Pergola Engine from a Junkers Ju88 The Museum's tea garden Blackout screen from the White Hart at Brasted - signed by 'Al' Deere, 'Sailor' Malan, 'Johnnie' Johnson, et al.

The Shoreham Aircraft Museum was founded in 1978 by local enthusiasts, whose passion for the Battle of Britain period resulted in the establishment of a permanent display in 1988.

The Museum houses hundreds of aviation relics excavated by the group over many years from crashed British and German aircraft, as well as items which have been kindly donated. In addition, there is a fine collection of flying helmets, uniforms and insignia. This, along with a comprehensive display of Home Front memorabilia, ensures a visit to the museum is both enjoyable and educational.

Artefacts are carefully arranged to support items recovered from local 'digs' or local happenings and displays are refined or changed regularly, making a second visit all the more enjoyable.

The Museum has a charming tea room, serving home-made cakes and refreshments that can be enjoyed in the large teagarden. There is also a gallery displaying a range of prints by renowned aviation artist Geoff Nutkins, one of the Museum's founders.

The Museum serves as a lasting tribute to all those airmen who fought in the skies over southern England during World War II.

All the proceeds are used for recovery and preservation of artefacts. Any remaining funds are donated to the RAF Guinea Pig Club, East Grinstead, a charitable organisation for severely burnt Allied airmen of Word War II, and one with which we are proud to have had a long association.